Steps to Study Abroad
We are thrilled you are interested in pursuing an international experience with Morehouse College. Follow these steps to get started on your path abroad.
- Research the program options. Things to consider as you research:
- When do you want to go abroad, and how long do you want to be abroad?
- What do you want to study while you are abroad?
- Where do you want to go abroad?
- Cost of program
- Model of program - faculty-led or provider?
- Language skills needed
- Other personal, academic, or professional reasons
- Contact the faculty-leader or staff advisor for the program(s) if you still have questions after carefully reviewing the program information provided on the website.
- Discuss your interest in study abroad with your family or other important people in your life.
- Start your study abroad research up to a year in advance of when you wish to go abroad. Studying abroad requires planning and preparation and it cannot be done at the last minute. It is never too soon to start thinking about study abroad!
- Be sure to maintain a strong GPA. Most programs require at least a 2.5 GPA for consideration (All Morehouse students must have a minimum 2.0 GPA to participate in a study abroad program).
- Be sure you complete all application requirements thoroughly and accurately. You can review an instructional guide for seaching programs and completing an application, here.
- Meet all stated deadlines. Don't wait until the last minute to begin your application.
- Some programs enroll on a first-come-first-served basis - just one more reason to start planning early!