Gain a highly sought-after skill in the job market when you learn Arabic in the enchanting city of Rabat. You’ll take modern standard and colloquial Arabic courses, then head out into the city to give your new skills a whirl. From bargaining in the medina to visiting fascinating ruins and colonial architecture; from taking part in activities like cooking classes to living with a Moroccan family; we’ll help you experience it all.
SEE THE NORTH AFRICAN COAST,
Casablanca, Chefchaouen, Marrakesh, the village of Ourika, Asilah and Tangiers.
GET ARABIC INSTRUCTION
at just the right level for you.
in real life as you go to museums, NGOs, and cultural events.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit Rabat’s museums, NGOs, and universities.
- Go on a day trip to Asilah, a 3,500-year-old town on the North African coast that’s been a haven for Phoenicians, pirates, Portuguese, Spanish, Moroccans, and resort-goers.
- Venture to Casablanca, the largest city in Morocco and one of the most important economic centers in Africa.
- Pack a bag for overnight excursions to Chefchaouen, a small town famous for its ubiquitous sky-blue buildings, and Marrakesh, a city in central Morocco built by Amazighs.
- Enjoy cultural activities around Rabat – like calligraphy workshops, visits to the Parliament and other government agencies, cooking classes, live music and pottery making.
- Volunteering: Immerse yourself in Morocco by lending a helping hand to locals in the community – work with descendants of pre-Arab inhabitants of North Africa, hospital patients, visually impaired students, mentally challenged youth, women’s groups, or children from low-income families.
- Peer-to-peer tutoring: CIEE connects you with local Moroccan university students from day one. They’re a part of everyday programming and will help you integrate into Moroccan society.
- Language Partners: Practice and build your language skills by meeting with local Moroccans and discussing topics of common interests.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|