Explore healthcare issues from the intercultural perspectives of the British and Dutch. Begin your study abroad experience in London researching the challenges facing the British National Health Service. Next, travel to Amsterdam and investigate culturally sensitive issues like euthanasia and elder care. Courses are taught at CIEE London and CIEE Amsterdam and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
Enjoy a series of guest lectures and site visits that bring you into contact and conversation with professionals in the field.
Develop leadership skills for matters critical to health.
Develop ethical and evidence-based policy opinions by looking at public health through various societal lenses.
Excursions - London
- Explore a historic location outside London on a day trip. Previous trips have included: Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, or Canterbury.
- See the famous Tower of London, including the crown jewels.
- Explore central sites in the City of Westminster, home of Buckingham Palace, Whitehall, St James’ Park, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Palace of Westminster.
- Browse the urban markets on Sundays in Shoreditch and Brick Lane or for fabulous food on Fridays in Borough Market, and for souvenirs in Camden.
Excursions - Amsterdam
- From Amsterdam, take a one-day trip into the countryside and visit an old medieval castle, a small, authentic fisherman’s town, or small Dutch city filled with history.
- Take a trip to Rotterdam, The Hague, or Utrecht – each significant in its own right – and compare your observations to what you know of Amsterdam.
- Go on a bike tour through Amsterdam’s countryside.
- Attend an outside movie-night at a popular city beach, a concert, a play, a flea market, or special exhibition in one of Amsterdam numerous museums.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Mandatory orientations – an introduction to London and Amsterdam culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|