Spend the summer in a vibrant seaside city working with local and international businesses, contributing to some of Spain’s most successful organizations. Through coursework, language training, homestays, company visits, and an internship, you’ll increase your understanding of the international working environment while improving your Spanish communication skills.
with a startup, local business, international organization, or NGO.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
and immerse yourself in local culture.
HEAR FROM A VARIETY OF GUEST SPEAKERS
with different areas of expertise.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit business sites, art and history museums, and monuments.
- Go on tours of the historical district.
- Enjoy gastronomy-based activities such as eating chocolate con churros or tapas with local friends, or a cooking session.
- Indulge your adventurous side with a hike in the mountains.
- Take day trips to places like Sitges, the Dalí Museum in Figueres or the Roman ruins in the city of Tarragona, among others.
- Volunteering. Although there are no formal community service activities on this program, volunteer opportunities can be arranged by CIEE staff.
- Internship. A for-credit internship is at the core of this program. Based on your experience, interests, and current studies, you’ll be placed with a startup, local business, international organization, or NGO, where you’ll spend 100 hours interning, gaining hands-on professional experience and practicing your Spanish language skills.
- Orientation – an introduction to Barcelona culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|