As one of the twenty largest cities in the world, Buenos Aires has plenty to offer, including a vibrant theater district, countless shops, dynamic neighborhoods, and abundant educational and cultural opportunities. Take one or two sessions and engage in courses offered in a variety of disciplines, all while developing your Spanish language skills. Content courses are generally taught in English at CIEE Buenos Aires and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
BECOME A "PORTEÑO"
and experience the city like a local – you’ll find live music and tango dancing always on offer.
neighborhoods of Buenos Aires, such as Palermo with endless shops and restaurants, Recoleta with its classical European feel, and the old city of San Telmo and La Boca - the birthplace of tango.
life on a cattle ranch and discover traditional Argentinian food.
Excursions & Activities
All programs feature frequent cultural activities uniquely designed to complement your academics. Students in Buenos Aires can...
- Enjoy the city like a local by attending festivals, experience the passion for soccer, live tango dances, and more.
- Join a student club or sports team and share culture, ideas, and down time with fellow students.
- Visit free museums, art galleries, and cultural centers such as Museo de Bellas Artes, Museo de Arte Decorativo, Museo de Arte Moderno, Centro Cultural Recoleta, and others.
- Experience live theater and concerts at nearby venues like Teatro Nacional Cervantes, Teatro General San Martín, Teatro Avenida, Teatro Broadway, Teatro Gran Rex or the magnificent Teatro Colón (ranked the world’s third best by National Geographic).
- Explore the Reserva Ecológica Costanera Sur and see more than 250 bird species and a wide variety of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, and butterflies.
- Take a day-trip to explore the city surroundings.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Buenos Aires society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|