Explore our diverse portfolio of summer programs to find another program that also meets your personal and academic goals. You might be particularly interested in our summer programs in Latin America or the Caribbean.
On one side of Santiago de Chile, the towering Andes loom in the distance, while on the other, the dazzling Pacific laps the shore. No matter where you are, you’ll enjoy world-class cuisine, neoclassical architecture, exotic parks, and a bustling urban environment. Summer in Santiago de Chile invites students of all majors to take one course per session, taught in English and complemented with co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
classic Chilean cuisine via the “picadas” route – with stops at small eateries around the city.
the economic potential of Chile by visiting a nearby vineyard and learning about wine production and export strategy.
the morning hiking through the Andes and the afternoon enjoying the beaches at Viña del Mar and Valparaíso.
Excursions & Activities
All programs feature frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement your academics. Students in Santiago de Chile can...
- Explore the city with CIEE-trained guides and staff and discover the culture and history of Santiago de Chile and its surroundings.
- Visit a natural reservation like Cajón del Maipo, located just at 45 minutes from Santiago de Chile, and consider the contrasts to city life.
- See firsthand where Nobel Prize Winner Pablo Neruda lived and worked in Santiago de Chile and Valparaíso.
- Discover the Open Sky Museum of San Miguel, with more than 5,000 mt2 of outdoor graffiti and murals.
- Take an excursion outside the city to a vineyard and see why Chile is renowned as a top wine exporter.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions.
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Santiago's society and culture, and the CIEE academic program
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|