Study in Santiago, and immerse yourself in the daily life of a rapidly developing Spanish-Caribbean country where fascinating historical, commercial, and ecological treasures intersect. You’ll get a taste of daily life in the city known as La Ciudad Corazón (City of the Heart) through excursions, a homestay with a local family, and real-world experience that brings classroom teachings to life.
EXPLORE THE SOCIOECONOMIC EFFECTS
of tourism around the fabulous North Coast.
at Centro Cultural Dominico Americano, a binational private institution endorsed by the U.S. Embassy in the country.
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING
of the culture and language in the Dominican Republic first-hand by living with a host family.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the historic and cultural charms of Santo Domingo
- Visit the world-renowned 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua
You’ll participate in a range of field experiences that lend practical context to your classroom-based learning. Unique opportunities to hear from and engage with people at the center and forefront of the country’s issues complement and enhance your experience.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Santiago culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|