Give yourself a challenge and a reward this summer – and invigorate your Russian language studies in glorious St. Petersburg. With inspiring sites, rigorous coursework, homestays, and the help of Russian peers, you’re sure to make rapid progress. Warm weather, white nights, and support from Russia’s longest running study-abroad centers, ensure a fun and valuable international experience.
MOVE YOUR BEGINNING,
intermediate, or advanced Russian skills ahead in a city so spectacular that its entire downtown is a UNESCO heritage site.
to Moscow and Novgorod for a broader view of Russian culture.
by living with a Russian family.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel overnight to cosmopolitan Moscow, and Russian’s oldest city, Novgorod to explore highlights and enjoy time on your own.
- Explore St. Petersburg highlights like the Hermitage, the Peter and Paul Fortress, Pushkin’s Apartment Museum, the Russian Museum, and the Russian bathhouse, and take a walking tour based on Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment.
- Attend a ballet, concert, a hockey or soccer game, and get a taste of Russian and Georgian cuisine with cooking classes.
- Get to know Russian peers with celebrations, sports events, cinema club meetings, Pub Quiz trivia nights, and more.
Join the alumni network of remarkable individuals who have studied in St. Petersburg with CIEE since 1967.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Russian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Financial InformationPolicy on Institutional Scholarships
Institutional scholarships are not applied to study abroad costs. We strongly encourage students to apply for scholarships to fund study abroad. Please visit the scholarships page to learn more about scholarships, or see the director of International Education.
For Students Studying Abroad with External Providers during the Spring and Summer 2020
Morehouse College students will be required to pay our preferred providers directly for all experiences. However, please be advised that we have featured programs from our preferred providers listed on this site, which we have vetted for quality, safety, and cost. While students are not required to choose one of the featured experiences, they are strongly encouraged to do so. Students will enroll at Morehouse. All tuition and fees will be payable to the College. All payments (including financial aid) will be applied to the student’s account at the College and the student will pay the provider directly. Any balance owed to the provider will be the responsibility of the student. Any overpayment to Morehouse College will be refunded.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|